On July 24, 2000 Wichita County Commissioners’ Court unanimously approved to rename the Juvenile Justice facility to Judge Arthur R. Tipps Juvenile Justice Center in honor of Judge Tipps’ achievements and dedicating his life to serving the children and citizens of Texas.
Wichita County Juvenile Services Department
The Vision Statement of the Wichita County Juvenile Probation Department is to develop community justice whereby citizens of the community are necessary and active participants in advocating and producing a safe community and healthy youth and families.
The Mission Statement of the Wichita County Juvenile Probation Department is, using a balanced approach to community supervision, to protect the community, to make things right with the victim, and to make the offender accountable. We can achieve this by:
- Holding offenders responsible for their actions;
- Building and maintaining community-based partnerships that promote the success of youth;
- Implementing result-based and outcome-driven services and practices;
- Advocating for and addressing the needs of victims, offenders, families, and communities;
- Seeking justice for the victim and the community through restitution and community service restitution;
- Obtaining and sustaining sufficient resources for officers to assist offenders to change their behavior; and
- Promoting growth and development of all juvenile probation professionals and obtaining the support of the community in supervising the juvenile offender